Lock in Your Good Health and Wellness During These Days of Lockdown.
The novel coronavirus is spreading across the world and the best you can do is to stay at home and take preventive measures. However, the idea of staying at home can be a good turnover in your healthcare routine. You will be having a lot of time in your hand to look after your well-being. However, staying at home might also get tedious and frustrating. Although you will have good amount of time to spend with your family and yourself but you will have to keep a balance in your wellness and calm yourself during this period. So here is what you can do to calm yourself down and kill time in quarantine.
Your dietary habits are the foremost things that need to be addressed during the lockdown. However, you’ll need to follow social distancing and avoid panic buying and stocking up groceries and food items as the essential services are still up and running. Your dietary habits are the first thing you think about while making a resolution but you hardly get any time to follow that. So this might be the best time to eat healthier. A healthy diet is essential for physical and psychological health. It will certainly help in boosting your immunity and help you fight against several diseases.
- Prepare yourself a fruit bowl while binge watching instead of snacking on chips and other sugary substances.
- Prefer eating citrus fruits like oranges that are rich in Vitamin C. Also, include refreshing fruits such as grapes, pineapples, watermelons, etc. in your diet that would help you beat the summer heat as well.
- Have a balanced diet that includes whole grains and leafy vegetables. A diet that includes spinach, beets, beans, broccoli and other easily digestive foods. A healthy digestive system can help make you feel calmer and less agitated throughout the day.
Hoard Up Your Hobbies
The lockdown can be great retreat to escape the monotony and spend time with your family and even yourself. You can spend quality time with your family by playing various indoor games with them; watching movies with them; cooking and having all the meals of the day with them and helping them out in household jobs. You may also interact with your friends through social media and stay connected with them.
You may also rediscover your hobbies that you weren’t able to find time for in your busy lifestyles. A plethora of activities such as sketching, singing, playing video games, cooking and gardening. Engaging in the things you love and spending most of your time with your family might maintain those positive vibes and help you reduce stress.
Heal through Yoga and Meditation
Spare a few minutes of your day to meditate and listen to some calming music. Wake up early, practice Yoga and exercise regularly.
- You can include basic exercises such as stretching, Pilates, sit-ups and push-ups in your morning routine.
- Practising Yoga can help calm you down throughout the day. Even performing Surya Namaskar can be beneficiary for your physical wellness.
- Meditating for at least 10 minutes in the morning can help you attain peacefulness.
Time Management is Essential
Although you might be having a lot of time throughout the day but you have to manage it wisely to avoid lethargy. Most of you would be working from home so plan your schedule accordingly. Don’t let the work interfere your personal time.
- Get enough sleep for about 7-8 hours a day. It can be good time to recover your disturbed sleep cycle and it might further help in having a good mental and physical health.
- Maintain a healthy dietary habit by avoiding snacks, getting a wholesome breakfast and lunch and a minimal amount of dinner.
- Spend at least an hour a day for exercising and meditation. Moreover, try to balance work hours and personal time.
All of these factors can positive affect your mood and behaviour, and can help you in being calm and composed. During such times, Try Nimba Nature Cure urges you to stay at home and look after your physical and psychological wellness by implying natural and healthy food habits, and practising Yoga and meditation. Avoid panic buying and maintain social distancing. Stay Home, Stay Safe!