What is PCOS and PCOD?
Polycystic Ovarian Disease (PCOD) is a common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age whose ovaries produce multiple eggs. Over time, those eggs become cysts on the ovaries. Many women undergo hormonal medication that causes unusual side effects. Also, too much consumption of insulin with high levels of the luteinizing hormone can also lead to increased production of the male hormone, which is known as testosterone, in women’s ovaries. This reduces the chances of conceiving and leads to infertility. A healthy lifestyle, natural therapies, as well as Ayurveda, can help you prevent such diseases.
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a hormonal disorder that is common in women of reproductive age. Women with PCOS face prolonged and infrequent menstrual periods and excess production of male hormones, which is an androgen. In this case, the ovaries develop a number of small fluids (follicles) that reduce the ability of women to produce quality of eggs. You must go for home remedies and Ayurveda treatments for PCOS/PCOD as natural therapies and those home remedies can enable protection from such diseases.
Causes and symptoms of PCOD
Polycystic ovary syndrome can lead a woman towards excess hair growth, irregular periods, acne and obesity. In women past adolescence, unexpected weight gains and difficulties in conceiving can be the signs of PCOD. Early consideration of treatments and diagnosis can reduce the overall risk of complications that are caused by PCOD.
- Hair fall from scalp
- Mood swings
- Menstrual disorders
- Weight gain
- Abnormal hair growth on
- Insulin resistance
Causes and symptoms of PCOS
The exact cause of PCOS is still unknown, but there is evidence that genetics plays a vital role. Also, there are some other factors that cause PCOS, such as higher levels of male hormones known as androgens and insulin resistance. High levels of androgens in a woman’s body prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs that cause irregular periods. Increased use of insulin forces the ovaries to make and release male hormones.
- Irregular periods
- Darkening of the skin
- Hair growth on face
- Thinning hair
If you want to reduce the risk of PCOS and PCOD, then you must go for natural and Ayurvedic therapies as they carry zero side effects that medicine often leaves behind. Nimba Nature Cure is one of the most well-known naturopathy and Ayurveda wellness retreats in India that offers numerous types of natural therapies and alternative medicines to deal with hormonal disorders.
What is the Ayurveda treatment for PCOS?
Ayurveda herbs to treat PCOS
There are plenty of Ayurvedic treatments available to treat PCOS, and they may vary among practitioners. It involves various kinds of specific herbs that help in maintaining a proper balance of hormones. There are some herbs, explained in the below section, that can be considered in the treatment of PCOS.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is harvested from the woof of a cinnamon tree, which is not only used as a spice but to treat various types of disorders and diseases as well. As per the current 2020 study, it can also positively affect the insulin resistance parameters in PCOS. In the survey, it has also been identified that 50% of all women indicated that cinnamon helps in promoting a regular menstrual cycle, especially for women with PCOS.
- Turmeric: Turmeric has an active ingredient, curcumin, that gives a yellow colour to turmeric. Turmeric acts as an inflammatory agent that decreases insulin resistance and improves PCOS symptoms. Turmeric extracts also help in improving lipid profiles, hormones, antioxidant and glycemic status, which treat PCOS effectively and more efficiently.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is an Ayurvedic herb which is also known as winter cherry and Indian ginseng. It helps in balancing cortisol levels, which further improves PCOS symptoms and stress. Ayurveda herbs and Ayurveda therapies are beneficial for PCOD and PCOS as they contain no side effects and improve health benefits. If you are also looking for Ayurveda therapies and naturopathy treatment services in India, then you must visit Nimba Nature Cure.
Yoga Asana And Its Benefits To Treat PCOS
Ayurveda, yoga, meditation, and natural therapies are beneficial for almost every type of disease and disorder, such as diabetes, sugar, PCOS, PCOD, obesity, stress, anxiety, and a lot more. An Ayurveda practitioner would definitely recommend you to go for yoga & meditation, and natural therapies when you are facing PCOS or PCOD disorders. There are much yoga poses that help women reduce their stress and anxiety, especially during periods.
- Corpose pose (Shavasana)
- Mill Churning Pose (Chakki Chalanasana)
- Bharadvaja’s Twist (Bharadvajasana)
- Reclining butterfly pose (Supta Baddha Konasana)
Read our latest blog to know more about yoga poses.
Diet recommendations for PCOD
Food items must be included by PCOD patients in their meal
- Spices such as cinnamon and turmeric
- Dark red fruits such as Beetroot, crimson grapes, Blueberries, Cherries and Blackberries.
- Natural and unrefined foods
- Fishes with high omega fatty acids such as tuna, salmon, sardines and mackerel.
- Dark chocolate in moderation
- Intake of healthy fats such as: coconuts, Oil, pine nuts, walnuts, almonds, pistachios, olive oils and avocado.
- Leafy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale
Role Of Panchakarma In The Management Of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) has been known as a major disorder that doesn’t undermine the reproductive health of women but also affects the quality of life and esteem. This is a metabolic disorder with an imbalance of multiple hormones. PCOS is a complex disorder and hence requires dietary modification and skilful combination of ayurvedic medications. As per the beliefs of ayurveda, panchkarma is the best way to treat PCOS in a natural way as it does not carry any kind of side effects. Panchakarma therapy actually works on imbalanced hormones, insulin resistance, sluggish metabolism and imbalanced fat. Keep reading this blog to learn about panchakarma therapies that are useful for treating PCOS in an efficient manner.
Four Most Effective Panchakarma Therapies For Pcos Management
- Vamana: Vamana is a detoxifying and cleansing therapy that involves systematic process and plan of toxins removal by inducing vomiting. This therapy is mainly performed at the time of spring season as it brings out positive and effective results. Visit Nimba Nature Cure to have the best panchkarma therapies in Gujarat.
- Virechana: This is also a type of detoxification panchakarma therapy that helps in removing toxins by inducing purgation which is increased movements of bowel. It helps in managing obesity, fat, heavy or irregular periods, skin pigmentation and many other symptoms that are caused by PCOS. Nimba Nature Cure provides Virechana Panchakarma Therapy to its patients based on their health and body conditions.
- Basti: Basti chikitsa is known as one of the most effective ayurvedic panchakarma therapy for treating symptoms of PCOS. Basti therapy involves various ayurveda medicines such as ghee, oil and herb or kashya that is customized as per the health condition of women. Therefore; this is known as the best ayurveda panchakarma therapy in PCOS. Nimba Nature Cure has a team of experienced ayurveda specialists and therapists.
- Udvartana: This is a type of external ayurveda body therapy that involves dry powder to massage to the entire body. This therapy helps in proper circulation of blood and lymph that further helps in detoxifying the skin. Along with this, it helps in boosting metabolism and helps in faster weight lose.
Book an Online Appointment for the Best PCOD/PCOS Treatment in Ayurveda
Nimba Nature Cure is one of the most well-known Ayurveda and naturopathy centres in India that offers various ayurvedic therapies, yoga, and naturopathy treatment services to its patients. We believe in treating every disease and common disorder naturally with the help of herbs and natural Ayurvedic therapies. Hence, if you are also looking for such services in India, then you must visit our website. To know more about our services call us at +91 81550 12274.