Shirodhara Treatment: Feel Eternal Bliss & Total Relaxation
Giving deep relaxation and rejuvenation, Shirodhara Treatment is one of the best Ayurvedic treatment in India. The ancient science of Ayurveda has given so many revolutionary therapies that can work profound changes in the field of healthcare, and Shirodhara is one of them. ‘Shir’ means the head and ‘Dhara’ means a stream, Shirodhara means a constant stream falling on the head. This stream could be medicated water, herbal oils, or even milk. But in Naturopathy treatment, herbal oils such as almond oil, mustard oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or Ghee is used predominantly.
Why should you experience Shirodhara?
Our head is probably the most important part of our body because it is from here that our entire life is controlled. It hosts the brains, endocrine glands, and spinal cord, so the nerves are very concentrated in this area, especially the forehead. The constant vibration due to oil falling on the forehead helps relaxing the nervous system.
All the three doshas i.e. Vata, Pitta, and Kapha have their vital points seated in this region, so the head is a very sensitive place. Any imbalance or aggravation in the doshas also reflects in the entire body. Same way, when a slow stream of medicated warm oil is released on the forehead, it relaxes the area and entire body immediately.
This is why Shirodhara is also called ‘Eternal Bliss Treatment’!
How does Shirodhara Treatment work?
First of all, a herbal oil is selected for the treatment as per the recommendations of the experts at the Naturopathy centre ,to suit the patient’s condition and intended outcome.
The Shirodhara Treatment is carried out in calm environment at suitable room temperature and aromatic scents to boost the relaxation.
A thin stream of medicated herbal oil is concentrated over the Ajna Chakra or the Sixth Chakra of our body, which is located at the forehead.
The warm oil stimulates the endocrine glands directly beneath it and also relaxes a cluster of nerves in the forehead.
The process is continued for at least 30 to 45 min, depending on the needs of the patients and their body profiles.
Shirodhara Treatment is not advisable for the pregnant women. It is also not administered in case of head injuries, fever, and nausea.
Shirodhara Treatment Benefits:
- Boosts the endocrine system and balances the hormones in the body
- Helps in controlling frequent headaches, neck pain, and eye problems
- Sharpens up the senses and makes them more receptive
- Refreshes and rejuvenates the face, head, and neck
- Gives a deep relaxation to the mind and makes it calm
- Addresses the imbalances between the three vital Doshas
- Rejuvenates the muscles in head, neck, face, and eyes
- Neutralizes the electrical impulse around scalp and hairline
- Gives a good night sleep and a relief from insomnia
- Helps in easing the jet leg and Shift Work Sleep Disorders
Also, during Shirodhara treatment, more and more neurotransmitters are released which helps in easing the pain.
Shirodhara Treatment is ideal for…
- Shirodhara Treatment benefits people who have been experiencing Post Traumatic Stress Disorder due to any traumatic incidents, life-threatening event, or emotional shock.
- People with anxiety, hypertension, stress, and anger issues
- People frequently experiencing jet lag due to travelling across time-zones
- People with insomnia problems
- People working in different shift in jobs experiencing Shift Work Sleep Disorders
- Sportsperson who experience high amount of adrenaline and physical stress
- Also, Shirodhara Treatment benefits healthy people who wish to experience deep relaxation and prevent psychosomatic disorders
Why Nimba Nature Cure for Shirodhara Treatment?
Nimba Naturecure is the winner of Today’s Traveller Award 2018 for the best Naturopathy centre in India . Spread across acres of lush green organic farms, Nimba Naturecure offers you a chance to experience the supreme bliss of Shirodhara Treatment. Being the best Naturopathy centre in India, Nimba Naturecure offers Yoga, Meditation, Physiotherapy, Naturopathy, Corporate Wellness Programs, and the best Ayurvedic treatment in India . Come and experience the goodness of Shirodhara Treatment at Nimba Naturecure, and feel fresh and rejuvenated again.